Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tolstoy's Top 4 and BookBaby

Hello Fellow Writers,

Jason Pyles writing again from Salt Lake City. I have two potential gifts and one announcement:

1.) I was listening to a podcast the other day and heard someone quote Leo Tolstoy's "Top 4 Elements of a Great Novel." (Yes, the Tolstoy of "Anna Karenina" fame.) Here are the four, starting with the greatest:
a.) Transitions
b.) Context
c.) Character
d.) Story
There ya go. Now go write your "War and Peace."

2.) Also, there's a relatively new Web site that might interest you self-publishers. It's called BookBaby, and here's the link:  http://www.bookbaby.com/.  I'm just passing the info along; this isn't necessarily a recommendation. Nevertheless, I will say that I've sold my CDs through its affiliate company, CDBaby, for years, and I've been very pleased. Check it out.

3.) I live in a small town just southwest of Salt Lake City. Population 23,000. Anyway, I was pleased to discover that my tiny town has its own version of the OV Writers' Group. They're funny, and they do a nice job. Here's their blog if you'd like to check them out:  http://www.inkingcap.blogspot.com/

Take care and happy writing.
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment