Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Book Recommendation for Novelists

Hi OV Writer Friends,

This is Jason Pyles writing from Salt Lake City. For the novelists of the group, I found a how-to book series that I love! I recommend checking out this book:


It was published in 2005 and is part of the Square One Writers Guides series.

Anyway, I love having a concrete to-do list of instructions, without a lot of flowery, filler tangents. I hate most how-to books because they're too long-winded and fluffy. They spend too much time trying to tell stories and be cute; whereas, this book spells out cold, hard reality (a.k.a. what you're up against) and gives you direct instructions on what to do next.

Perhaps it just speaks to my personal learning style, but you should check it out, if you get a chance.

Happy writing!
Jason

1 comment:

  1. Jason, good to hear from you. I have the book stored on my list and look forward to checking it out at the next meeting since, hopefully, it'll be on the shelf at Books a million.

    FRED CONNORS - contact me and I'll send an attachment for the completed article on Jo and Joanie.

    ReplyDelete